Awesome and useful help from leigh123linux as usual. I will give your suggestion a try when I have time.
As for my "text/font" related crash, it does not happen on my machine at work. There is either a bad font or a bad library at play here. It will be a little hard to prove, but I will have to bring my fonts from my home machine to test on a "known working" machine to see if the cause of the problem is related to that. In any case, the crash is not necessarily an inkscape bug... could be some related library.
But I did run inkscape from the command line so that I could get some added feedback from the crash, but nothing useful was displayed -- I will have to do some sort of debug trace thing, but so far it looks like inkscape is detecting the error and handling it by closing itself abruptly.
Anyhow, this bug is not related to or fixed by the problems this thread was created to discuss. But if anyone searches for this problem, perhaps they will see what I have written so far. I will open up a new thread if I can establish the cause(s).
im build the inkscape 0.48.1 ( inkscape-0.48.1-1.fc14.x86_64.rpm inkscape-view-0.48.1-1.fc14.x86_64.rpm
inkscape-docs-0.48.1-1.fc14.x86_64.rpm) any problem .Fixed errorquestion: what happens in koji?
any packages 0.48.1 . even fedora 15 ..... how do I upload packages?
---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------
new question, and inkscape 0.48.1 on koji ? in 2012.......
---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------
new question, and inkscape 0.48.1 on koji ? in 2012.......
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/p...packageID=2118
is not good for this distribution.
Ubuntu already has a deb http://www.lffl.org/2011/02/inkscape...come.html#more
https://launchpad.net/~ferramroberto...k~ppa_i386.deb
https://launchpad.net/~ferramroberto...~ppa_amd64.deb
for my any problem . I compiled and ready. from the git ,svn ,etc.
but the new users ? thats this question .
fedora is good distribution .
---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------
answers....
I am not sure about the current procedure, anyway if it diverges from this, hopefully Leigh or some other package maintainer will let you know..
Asus K55VD, i5 3230M - Productivity/Programming (F28)
Asus M32CD - i7-6700, Asus STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD, 1x8 GB Sk Hynix 2133 MHz DDR4 - Gaming (W10)
leigh123linux is the best !!!
giulix thanks.
---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------
Now,inkscape 0.48.1 this in koji and testing (fedora 14 and 15)
say thanks to datahal42![]()
the good guy.
---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------
yo no lo subi lo subio el mantenedor.
i dont upload , was the maintainer , say thanks![]()
Sure, I don't use inkscape, but thanks anyway...![]()
Asus K55VD, i5 3230M - Productivity/Programming (F28)
Asus M32CD - i7-6700, Asus STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD, 1x8 GB Sk Hynix 2133 MHz DDR4 - Gaming (W10)
inkscape 0.48.1 is now in the updates-testing repo for anyone that wants to install it.