Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th December 2010, 04:29 PM
esigma2 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Xen Virtualization with Fedora Core 14

Hello everyone,

I have been spending many days trying to figure out if is possible to implement para-virtualization with Xen on my Fedora Cora 14 with the following kernel and architecture 2.6.35.6-48.fc14.x86_64.

I have read many documents that made me crazy at all, and finally they don't have many sense for me, probably because my english is very poor and many times I am not able to understand the meaning of those.It's so frustrating for me.

Summarizing, what I want to do or to know is if is possible to run Xen dom0 kernel on my machine and then running some guest or domU over it.

I've already known that there are not xen-dom0 kernel packages like in older Fedora versions (for instance Fedora 9) what makes things easier. I want to know if I would have to built my own kernel from kernel source repositories and how?, because tried it before and It didn't work probably cause there was something wrong in my building.

I'm very willing to provide you as many information as you want or need to solve this unbeatable situation.

Thanks in advance for all you.
Old 24th December 2010, 12:34 PM
JoeLeNaze Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Xen Virtualization with Fedora Core 14

Hello esigma2,

I'm really interesting by your post because like you i want install Xen more easily. But like you i don't find anything about this.
I think the best option it's download the source of Xen and compile and built-it from scratch.
I make that at this moment with this documentation : http://lxr.xensource.com/lxr/source/?a=x86_64

It seem to be easy... I try it and i will give your more informations ASAP. I hope will work fine ;-)
Best wishes for the end of year festivities

Tags
core, fedora, virtualization, xen