FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    MTP device doesn't show up on amarok

    I have a Sansa Clip + , it works just fine in MSC mode. I wanted to give a try to the MTP mode. But it does not show up in Amarok. I have libmtp installed and mtp-detect does show up the device information. Even Gnomad2 shows the tracks and device information but not amarok. is
    I am on Fedora 14,
    libmtp-1.0.3-5
    libusb-0.1.12-23
    amarok-2.3.2-4

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: MTP device doesn't show up on amarok

    the following side describes how to handle with MTP Devices on amarok.
    http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Media_Device:MTP

    be sure that libmtp-examples and libmtp are installed and the file 60-libmtp.rules
    from the package libmtp is copied to /etc/udev/rules.d

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: MTP device doesn't show up on amarok

    I went through the link and tried it already, but it did not help.
    The rules file does not have my player listed there.

    ---------- Post added at 02:15 PM GMT ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM GMT ----------

    I even added my device(Sansa Clip Plus) information in the rules file. It still does not help.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: MTP device doesn't show up on amarok

    sorry, but at the moment i can give you only this hint from ubuntu forum.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1364317
    Is your sansa Clip+ setup in MPT mode ?

    mtp-detect should output this line:

    mtp-detect
    libmtp version: 1.0...
    Last edited by TheBigRed; 15th November 2010 at 07:42 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: MTP device doesn't show up on amarok

    Yes i did connect it in the MTP mode and mtp-detect does show all the device info.
    Infact Gnomad is successfully working with the mtp mode for the same device, but could not find an easy say to transfer playlists using Gnomad.

    Also a follow up question when I added my player information in the libmtp.rules file I put the product id which is listed in the mtp mode. I noticed that product id is 74d0 in mtp mode and 74d1 in msc mode. I wanted to make sure that I put the correct (mtp) product id in the rules file.

    Thanks for your effort !!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: MTP device doesn't show up on amarok

    So I did a bit more digging into this. I started amarok from command line in debug mode to see what is happening. I got the following error messages when I connect my device to the computer :
    Code:
        amarok: BEGIN: void MediaDeviceCache::slotAddSolidDevice(const QString&)
        amarok:   [MediaDeviceCache] Found new Solid device with udi =  "/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_781_74d0_CD13F40A9992B6A80000000000000000"
        amarok:   [MediaDeviceCache] Device name is =  "Sansa Clip+ (mtp)"  and was made by  "SanDisk Corp."
        amarok:   [MediaDeviceCache] udi  "/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_781_74d0_CD13F40A9992B6A80000000000000000"  does not describe a portable media player or storage volume
        amarok: END__: void MediaDeviceCache::slotAddSolidDevice(const QString&) - Took 0.12s
        amarok: BEGIN: void MediaDeviceCache::slotAddSolidDevice(const QString&)
        amarok:   [MediaDeviceCache] Found new Solid device with udi =  "/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_781_74d0_CD13F40A9992B6A80000000000000000_if0"
        amarok:   [MediaDeviceCache] Device name is =  "USB Vendor Specific Interface"  and was made by  ""
        amarok:   [MediaDeviceCache] device is a PMP
        amarok:   BEGIN: void MountPointManager::deviceAdded(const QString&)
        amarok:     [MountPointManager] looking for udi  "/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_781_74d0_CD13F40A9992B6A80000000000000000_if0"
        amarok:     [MountPointManager] Did not find device from Solid for udi  "/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_781_74d0_CD13F40A9992B6A80000000000000000_if0"
        amarok:   END__: void MountPointManager::deviceAdded(const QString&) - Took 0.01s
        amarok:   BEGIN: void MediaDeviceMonitor::deviceAdded(const QString&)
        amarok:     BEGIN: void MediaDeviceMonitor::checkDevice(const QString&)
        amarok:       BEGIN: virtual bool MtpConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&)
        amarok:          Supported Protocols:  ()
        amarok:       END__: virtual bool MtpConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&) - Took 9.1e-05s
        amarok:       BEGIN: virtual bool AudioCdConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&)
        amarok:       END__: virtual bool AudioCdConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&) - Took 5.2e-05s
        amarok:       BEGIN: virtual bool IpodConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&)
        amarok:          Device udi:  "/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_781_74d0_CD13F40A9992B6A80000000000000000_if0"
        amarok:          Device name:  " - USB Vendor Specific Interface"
        amarok:         BEGIN: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const
        amarok:           [MediaDeviceCache] Not able to convert to StorageAccess or not accessible, returning empty
        amarok:         END__: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const - Took 8.1e-05s
        amarok:          Mount point:  ""
        amarok:          vendor:  "SanDisk Corp." , product:  "Sansa Clip+ (mtp)"
        amarok:       END__: virtual bool IpodConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&) - Took 0.0003s
        amarok:       BEGIN: virtual bool UmsConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&)
        amarok:          Device udi:  "/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_781_74d0_CD13F40A9992B6A80000000000000000_if0"
        amarok:          Device name:  " - USB Vendor Specific Interface"
        amarok:         BEGIN: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const
        amarok:           [MediaDeviceCache] Not able to convert to StorageAccess or not accessible, returning empty
        amarok:         END__: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const - Took 9.3e-05s
        amarok:          Mount point:  ""
        amarok:          vendor:  "" , product:  "USB Vendor Specific Interface"
        amarok:         BEGIN: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const
        amarok:           [MediaDeviceCache] Not able to convert to StorageAccess or not accessible, returning empty
        amarok:         END__: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const - Took 7.6e-05s
        amarok:       END__: virtual bool UmsConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&) - Took 0.00041s
        amarok:     END__: void MediaDeviceMonitor::checkDevice(const QString&) - Took 0.0011s
        amarok:   END__: void MediaDeviceMonitor::deviceAdded(const QString&) - Took 0.0011s
        amarok: END__: void MediaDeviceCache::slotAddSolidDevice(const QString&) - Took 0.08s

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: MTP device doesn't show up on amarok

    Hi,

    you need to install "libmtp-hal" package.
    I have opened a bug for that problem: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=666173
    Should be resolved with the next update of amarok.
    Install XGL on Fedora, easily: Automatic Installation of XGL
    NEW - propose to install compiz-fusion as well !

Similar Threads

  1. Bluetooth device on thinkpad x60 does not show/enable
    By spacelobsters in forum Hardware
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11th August 2008, 06:47 PM
  2. I'll show you mine if you show me yours...
    By schwim in forum Wibble
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16th July 2007, 03:41 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23rd January 2007, 03:07 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th October 2005, 11:21 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25th July 2004, 06:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •