Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st September 2010, 01:22 PM
geolab Offline

linuxchrome
can't eject cd

hi. I have a strange problem. I have a soft touch button to open cd tray but when I press it the system freezes. it doesn't happen with ubuntu. I wonder if I have to configure something or add some software...

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM CDT ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM CDT ----------

please... any clue ? I tried to disinstall anaconda but nothing has changed
Old 1st September 2010, 01:46 PM
glennzo Offline
Un-Retired Administrator

linuxredhatfirefox
Re: can't eject cd

If you just need to get a disk out of the drive open a terminal and type eject. If that doesn't work then switch to root and try the command. That should do it. As far as the system freezing, no clue.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Laptop: Just a couple of old single core units
Desktop: BioStar MCP6PB M2+ / AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core / 4GB / Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 240GB SATA 3.0 / 1TB SATA / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1GB
Old 1st September 2010, 02:31 PM
geolab Offline

linuxchrome

thanks. it worked. no clue on why the button freezes the system either... I have a packard bell laptop...maybe it's keyboard configuration
Old 3rd September 2010, 06:13 AM
geolab Offline

linuxchrome

how can I file a bug to fedora to let them know about this problem?
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:53 AM
glennzo Offline
Un-Retired Administrator

linuxredhatfirefox

Go to https://bugzilla.redhat.com and create an account, then file the bug. Might want to search to see if there are similar bugs already or maybe even a solution to your problem.

Might be worth your time to learn a little about keyboard mapping and then see if you can figure out exactly what that key is trying to do when pressed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Laptop: Just a couple of old single core units
Desktop: BioStar MCP6PB M2+ / AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core / 4GB / Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 240GB SATA 3.0 / 1TB SATA / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1GB

Tags
eject