Welcome to Fedora Weekly News Issue 240
for the week ending August 25, 2010. What follows are some highlights from this issue.
- This issue begins with announcements from the Project, including details on the availability of Fedora 14 alpha, some orphaned packages in Fedora 14, and news of various outages.
- In news from the Fedora Planet, work on a proof-of-concept Fedora "app store", a retrospective piece from the last month from Fedora Project leader Jared Smith, and a call for Java gurus to help with Java packaging for Fedora.
- In Marketing team news, detailed discussion on release slogan procedures and the decision to drop a slogan for F14 and an invitation to write a feature profile for Fedora 14.
- Fedora In the News brings two pieces on Fedora 14 alpha from The H and InternetNews.com.
- In Ambassador news, announcement of new members, and a nice summary of the active discussions on the Ambassador list.
- In Quality Assurance news, details on the next Test Day on OpenSCAP, and next week's Test Day on preupgrade, results on Fedora 14 testing and other F14 activity.
- In Design news, discussion on improving the Plymouth boot theme in F14, a roll call for Design team members attending FUDCon Zurich, and voting on F14 supplemental wallpapers.
- Our issue finishes out with the latest security advisories for Fedora 12, 13 and 14. Enjoy!
The audio version of FWN - FAWN - is back! You can listen to existing issues
on the Internet Archive. If anyone is interested in helping spread the load of FAWN production, please contact us!
If you are interested in contributing to Fedora Weekly News, please see our 'join' page
. We welcome reader feedback: email@example.com
FWN Editorial Team: Pascal Calarco
, Adam Williamson