Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 6th August 2010, 08:04 AM
longmanivelinsk Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Random disk sleeps on Fedora 13

Hi all,
I am facing a problem which I can't figure out for quite some time.I have a work station with 2 HDDs in Software RAID1 array. The problem is I am getting random disk sleeps and system freezes, which are very annoying, At first , I thought it was a hardware problem. I simulated an error and took one of the drives out of the array.There were no problems.After that, I put it back into the array anout the other one.d took This resulted to a constant disk sleeps and system freezes. I also switched cables to see if it can be a cable problem, but the result was the same. I took out the problematic HDD and sent it for repairs. They gave me a new one , which I put into the array again. The problem is I'm still get the disk sleeps, just not so frequently. What might be the cause?
Ideas anyone?

P.S. I had the same problem on Fedora 12 (before upgrading)

Tags
disk, fedora, random, sleeps

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search