To preface, my intention here is to find a way to get Huludesktop to perform better. I have two systems with nvidia cards, a GeForce 8400 GS, and a GeForce GTS 250, both just did a yum update today, both running rpmfusion nvidia drivers, both Fedora 12 x86_64. The GTS 250 is attached to my FullHD TV. Full-screen huludesktop at 1080p is unwatchable (for me) on a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ set to 'performance' or '2.40 Ghz' manually. 720p is watchable, but there is frequent tearing, and when the image changes a lot, I loose lots of frames. Using vdpau with Mplayer works great.
So in my desperation, I went looking at gnash again, to see if they have any solutions, since Adobe's track record (though improving) indicates that it'll be another 3 years before they let Linux users in on the GPU decoding fun....
Some nvidia rpm info
And uname -aCode:kmod-nvidia-195.36.15-1.fc12.2.x86_64 kmod-nvidia-2.6.31.9-174.fc12.x86_64-195.36.15-1.fc12.x86_64 kmod-nvidia-2.6.32.11-99.fc12.x86_64-195.36.15-1.fc12.2.x86_64 nvidia-settings-1.0-3.4.fc12.x86_64 nvidia-xconfig-1.0-2.fc12.x86_64 xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-195.36.15-1.fc12.x86_64 xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-devel-195.36.15-1.fc12.x86_64 xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs-195.36.15-1.fc12.i686 xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs-195.36.15-1.fc12.x86_64
I am attempting to give libva and gnash-vaapi a try. I have installed libva from here:Code:Linux worky 2.6.32.11-99.fc12.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Apr 5 19:59:38 UTC 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
http://www.happyassassin.net/video-experimental/
And following the instructions for gnash-vaapi here:
http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbe...e/gnash-vaapi/
After playing the dep-solve game for about 20 minutes, you get to a point where ld complains:
At this point, you can cd to the 'utilities' directory, and run make all day, and you get that error. What bugs me is the following:Code:CXXLD gprocessor /usr/lib64/libGL.so: undefined reference to `_nv000009gl' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [gprocessor] Error 1
I have never used 'readelf' before today, so I may be reading this wrong. Any light you can shed on this issue would be really helpful. Google results for the error returns people reporting the error, then coming back to say "oh, I fixed it, see ya bye" as if they found a really simple solution to the problem.Code:readelf -s /usr/lib64/libGL.so | grep _nv000009gl
More random stuff.
The make file generates this command:
Not sure if that helpsCode:$ /bin/sh ../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link g++ -g -O2 -W -Wall -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wunused -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -export-dynamic -Wl,--as-needed -o gprocessor processor.o ../libcore/libgnashcore.la ../libbase/libgnashbase.la ../libmedia/libgnashmedia.la ../libsound/libgnashsound.la ../libltdl/libltdlc.la -lavcodec -lavformat -lavutil -lswscale -ldl -lcurl -ljpeg -lpng12 -lX11 -lXinerama -lXext -lSM -lICE -L/usr/lib64 -lboost_thread-mt -lboost_date_time-mt -lpthread -lc -lrt -lX11 -ldl /usr/lib64/libGL.so: undefined reference to `_nv000009gl' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status


Reply With Quote
