Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th April 2010, 12:02 AM
doombringer Offline

windows_7firefox
F12 Installation hangs @ "Preparing transaction from installation source"

Hello all,

New linux user here, very keen to get it working, but I must say I'm not impressed so far.

Trying to get Fedora 12 installed normally on a laptop, but it's hanging at the aforementioned point during installation. The mouse cursor is movable and the system appears to be fully working. The progress bar isn't moving and there is nowhere to either shut down the PC or access the terminal?? I cannot check any progress or see any log of what the installation program is trying to do.

If someone could give me some advice on this matter I'd be very grateful. It's a P4 laptop with ~700mb of ram. This is a fresh install from the i386 DVD distro. Why is it so hard to get a running system in linux when Windows or Mac is ready to go in about an hour? I've spent a good 3 hours trying to find my way around this latest problem and I am SO close to giving up. What a waste of my time linux has been so far.

Thanks,
Matt.

Tags
f12, hangs, installation

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On