Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th March 2010, 01:22 PM
MitraMai Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Thumbs down Fedora 12 & alc662 surround sound

Hello
I have recently switched to F12 from Ubuntu 9.10. Everything sems to work just fine except for the surround sound on my
Code:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
that uses the ALC662-codec.

I get sound, but only in two channels. In Ubuntu I had to add the option: options snd-hda-intel model=3stack-6ch-dig to the /etc/modprobe/alsa-base.conf. However, that file does not exist in F12. So, I'm wondering, which is its equivalence?

In /etc/pulse/pulse.conf I have changed to 6 channels.

Some help would be really appreciated.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM CDT ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM CDT ----------

Ok, fixed it by following this:http://fedorasolved.org/Members/fenr...nd-workarounds. Instead of model I added 3stack-6ch-dig.

Then reboot, open up a terminal and type in:alsamixer. Press F6, choose the intelcard, change 2 channels to 6 channels. Exit alsamixer. Then kill pulseaudio: pulseaudio -k. Now you can choose which type of surround sound you want.

Last edited by MitraMai; 20th April 2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Changed the icon and unsolved the thread
Old 20th April 2010, 09:15 AM
MitraMai Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Thumbs down Re: Fedora 12 & alc662 surround sound

Suddenly surround does not work anymore. I think it might have happened after the last kernel upgrade or when I installed Skype. Having added the options to /etc/modprobe.d/snd_hda_intel, set alsamixer to 6-channels, I still have only stereo, even do pulseaudio volume-gui shows all channels, and so do alsamixer. aplay --list-devices gives:
Code:
[martin@Alcor:~] aplay --list-devices
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
[martin@Alcor:~]
I have a .asoundrc that looks like this:
Code:
pcm.duplicate {
type plug
slave.pcm "surround51"
slave.channels 6
route_policy duplicate
}
Maybe I should mention that I never got the subwoofer to work correctly before either. It worked only in 4.1 surround.

Does anyone have any clue on what's going on?

Tags
alc662, hda-inte-snd, pulse