Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 18th February 2009, 06:48 AM
soundview00 Offline

NVIDIA Quadro FX and Fedora 10 installation...

I recently purchased a Quadro FX 4800 and tried to install it on Fedora 10. During the installation, Fedora didn't recognize my new graphics card and began installing the OS in text mode. I stopped the installation and tried to start over, this time I passed the following command: linux resolution=1024x768. I then proceeded with the installation, and again, I was posed with a text mode installation. I continued with the text mode install and when Fedora was done installing, I rebooted and system just locked up. At this point I was frustrated, so I reinstalled my old 8800 graphics card and started a new install with something that worked in the past. When the install was done, I loaded the latest NVIDIA drivers and the rebooted. I reinstalled my new graphics card (Quadro FX 4800) then powered up my system. I thought everything was good to go and all of a sudden my system flickered and then locked up during the 'Anacron' testing phase. I then rebooted with the "Ctrl+Alt+Del" hotkeys, but my system always locks up during the 'Anacron' testing sequence.

I am aware that the Quadro FX 4800 is a few months old, but how can I get it to work in linux? It has gotten so bad, that I had to resort to using MS Vista...HELP!!!!

System specs:
Intel Core Duo Quad Core
4 gigs DDR2
SATA RAID 0
Mobo: 680i SLI
800WATT Power Supply

Last edited by soundview00; 18th February 2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old 18th February 2009, 06:58 AM
Demz

your gonna be lucky to get any GUI with that card.. it maybe an unsupported card have a look through here, http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree8...ppendix-a.html i couldnt find it

Last edited by Demz; 18th February 2009 at 07:01 AM.
Old 18th February 2009, 04:30 PM
soundview00 Offline

Thanks for reply...

Thanks for the reply. I guess that I have to wait until some new drivers for linux arrives. I really dislike having to resort to windows.
Old 18th February 2009, 11:09 PM
Demz

your only real way an tats to go an have a look on www.newegg.com for an updated card
Old 7th March 2010, 02:24 AM
PopcornKing Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
Re: NVIDIA Quadro FX and Fedora 10 installation...

For what its worth, I have the same card have gotten it to work with FC12.
Old 28th March 2010, 12:36 AM
jg167 Offline

macossafari
Re: NVIDIA Quadro FX and Fedora 10 installation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopcornKing View Post
For what its worth, I have the same card have gotten it to work with FC12.
Cool! I am embarking on the same thing with some CUDA work in mind. I just installed Fedora 12 but haven't yet put the card in my HP XW9400 (wondering if I can get away with both it and the current ATI FireGL 5600).

Can you summarize the steps you took, anything unusual etc? Just install NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-195.36.15-pkg2.run.sh and your good to go or....?

Tags
fedora, installation, nvidia, quadro