Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th March 2010, 01:56 PM
Fayska Offline

windows_7safari
Xorg server dumped, Loading ATI drivers.

Hey people I'm a new user of Fedora and Linux OS's after the install of Fedora 12 64bit version on my laptop and the instalation of several amounts of packages, when Fedora is booting up, after the blue screen with the F logo, it turns to a black screen wth the command line cursor flashing and stops there ... i can enter in the terminal using ctrl-alt-f2 shortcut to see my files and work under the shell i talked with someone that tried to solve this problem it looks like that the X when it's loading, stops with this error:
Caught Signal 11(Segmentation Fault)
Segmentation Fault at address 0x100000004
XServer core dumped or something like that,

(soon i'll post the tread with the x.lo file for you to see this better)

i know that this is problem from ATI drivers to radeon boards, i have 3650 HD with 512mb running on a M51vr Asus laptop, i can't find a way to solve this problem i don't want to reinstall because i don'tn know the real package that i should avoid to install, i know that Ubuntu has fine working drivers for this board and fine working Catalyst app to run on the SO. I don't know if there's someone that might have time to help me on this but i would be apreciated....

By the way, is there a way to make a rescue entry on Grub2 for Fedora?

i have this on an external e-sata disk running

sdb MBR Grub2 -- Ubuntu 9.10
sdb1-/boot and grub 0.97 -- fedora 12
sdb2-/ Ubuntu 9.10
sdb3/ -- fedora 12

on booting i have this entries

Ubuntu kernel 19
ubuntu kernel 19 rescue mode
Ubuntu kernel 14
Ubuntu kernel 14 rescue mode
Fedora 12
memtest
and windows 7 on sda

after chosing fedora 12 it comes

Fedora 12 blabla.........
Other (wich loads win 7 from internal disk)

Last edited by Fayska; 4th March 2010 at 02:00 PM.

Tags
ati, drivers, dumped, loading, server, xorg