Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd January 2010, 03:27 PM
Beastlicker Offline

windows_7firefox
Two Card Dilemma

Here is my problem, when I purchased my PC, there was a video card pack into the motherboard with a VGA output. Seeing on how this was a terrible card, I decided to upgrade to an Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT. I use a different plugin (Last time I checked, it was DVI) to plug into one of the two slots on the new card. Fedora ran perfectly fine on my motherboards card, but when I decide to use my Nvidia card, it will not display anything on my monitor.

I can see GRUB, I can use windows, but for some reason, Fedora defaults to using the motherboard card. Is there anyway I can fix this?
Old 2nd January 2010, 03:32 PM
leigh123linux

linuxfedorafirefox
Is there a option in the mobo bios to disable onboard VGA or select PCI card VGA instead ?
Old 2nd January 2010, 08:45 PM
Beastlicker Offline

windows_7firefox
No, I just checked.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM CST ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM CST ----------

Actually, I'm gonna open up the PC and check to see if there is a jumper I can open or close in order to disable the graphics card.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM CST ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM CST ----------

I'm gonna try this, have my monitor plugged into the onset and the nvidia card at the same time, boot into fedora, and see if there is an option to choose which card I want to use. Is that possible?

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM CST ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM CST ----------

There is no jumper that turns off the mobo card. I'm gonna install the driver, then plug my nvidia card in and see if that works.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM CST ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM CST ----------

Am I able to use the .exe through wine to flash my BIOS using http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...2367&lang=eng?

Maybe flashing my BIOS will allow me to have the option to disable the card.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM CST ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM CST ----------

Or how about the iFlash update via cd? It's the zip file at the bottom.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...=2367&lang=eng

Last edited by Beastlicker; 2nd January 2010 at 04:02 PM.

Tags
fedora, graphics card, motherboard, nvidia