Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th August 2009, 10:50 PM
KrGAce Offline

windows_98_nt_2000firefox
RH Enterprise 5 and Fedora 11 File Sharing

Hello all,

I have two machines on the same network. I want to share files from my Red Hat server to my Fedora 11 box. I want to know what is the easiest, most secure way of doing so. My machines are on a public wire (not an issue really as I don't have sensitive stuff on there), however I'd like to learn how to secure the server, but yet still get access from my Fedora box. Anyone provide me with a guide or help on which protocol (SSH, Samba? NFS) to use?

Many thanks in advance for anyone's help. Looking to ditch this Windows box and this will help in that process.

AceMan

Tags
enterprise, fedora, file, sharing

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On