Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th July 2009, 04:50 PM
mrforsythexeter Offline

Using Second Eth at datacenter as proxy?

Hi, I didn't know what to search for, so I hope the title has brought you to this thread and you are able to help.

Im about to go an install some new servers into our data center, however when im there its always a pain to get a connection to the net (would you belive!) and just jumping straight onto the back bone is not a good idea without an ip, and saving an ip for a visit every so often is not a good idea either.. IP V6 might finally take over if we do things like that.

So SIMPLE question is..
how can I setup the server to allow me to connect my laptop to ETH1, get an IP from the server and then proxy the connection though the server?

I was thinking.. not sure if this is possible,

install DHCP to autoconfigure on ETH1 only
install squid on the server, responding to requests for ETH1 only?

is this the right idea, and any pointers would be a great help.

Tags
datacenter, eth, proxy

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules