Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 31st October 2004, 10:43 AM
luketjm Offline

Question Changing Install Medium of Package Manager

Hi,
I'm using Fedora 2.92 everything works fine (even apt does anyone know good sources?)

If I try to install new programs via the system-config-packages packegemanager. but the program does not find the fedora dvd. i've put it into the drive and mounted ist but it does not find the medium. even cd's do not work. does anyone know what the cause might be or how to change the package source?

thx
Luke
Old 31st October 2004, 02:01 PM
engwnbie Offline

You are running a release candidate of fedora core 3. It is still in test mode (actually in development freeze) the release is scheduled for Nov 8. Then you will be able to find FC3 releases.
Old 2nd November 2004, 01:45 AM
heffe2001 Offline

You need to mount the DVD under the old /mnt/cdrom location (if the directory for cdrom isn't there, make it, and force the disk to mount there, and it should find your packages.
Old 2nd November 2004, 02:46 AM
Shadow Skill Offline

I wondered about that myself, I forgot to file a bug report about it, least I know I wasn't the only one.

Please vote for this bug and help me make GAYT [Go As You Type ]a standard option in Firefox.

Tags
changing, install, manager, medium, package