Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > The Dungeon > Archived (Click Header To See Sub-Forums) > Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 11 Only)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 11 Only) Post Development Version comments and questions that don't belong in Bugzilla here. These posts will be moved or deleted once the Final version is released

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd May 2009, 05:06 AM
sethale Offline

Can't get past runlevel 1

After running a full yum-update last night, I can't get past runlevel 1 anymore, it just hangs in the boot process never completing or erroring.

When I boot into runlevel 1 then try to init or telinit to runlevel 2-5 it begins the process then alerts the notice below:

init: rcS-sulogin main process (pid#) killed by KILL signal

and begins an endless cycle of:

init: tty<#> main process (pid#) terminated with status 1
init: tty<#> main process ended, respawning

I'm not entirely sure of where to troubleshoot this one as all the appropriate /etc/event.d/ and inittab files appear in place and uncorrupted. Any thoughts?

Tags
past, runlevel

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search