Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th October 2004, 03:42 AM
frederic Offline

3m FPD Touchscreen

Just installed Fedore Core 2 on my Shuttle XPC (SS51G), P4, gig ram, 200gig IDE, and the installation went very smooth, ACPI worked (big problem for me in the past), etc.

All but the touchscreen, a 15" 3M FPD chassis mount monitor, part# 11-4922-129-00.

For Redhat 9, I was able to load the i386 drivers, TWDrv.o via insmod and configured X11R4 correctly so it worked well. Upon installing fedora core 2, needless to say this driver didn't anymore. Reasonable, considering the Kernel is now 2.6.x and X11R6 is the current X.

But, I'm really not sure what to do at this point. I've been googling for about a day straight now (9 hrs, I'm not kidding), and I'm not turning up anything thats overly helpful at this point. I tried some random experiments just in case I might get lucky, using one of the drivers in /lib/modules/<kernel>/drivers/input/touchscreen, and insmod reported it loaded. Of course that driver being there, and it being compatible with my particular touchscreen is another story.

Any have a combination similar to this? Hopefully? I'd appreciate any help one can offer. I had called 3m's technical support and sat on hold for about 45 minutes with no luck thus far. I'm calling them again tomorrow, just curious if anyone is trying to work a similar configuration.

Thanks in advance,

Frederic

Tags
fpd, touchscreen