FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74
  1. #16
    jmvidal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jannom
    I grepped through my log and found this :

    Jmvidal, what do you mean by "disconnect from the SCIM"?
    That was the tooltip that popped up when I hovered over the icon on the toolbar (actually, the tooltip said "disconnect from the input method", my typo). I just clicked on that icon.

    I'm very confused now because I cannot get that icon back. After the crash (xemacs) I have gone back and re-done what I did before but I cannot get that icon back. I think process is dead. I'll try logging out and back in.

    Luckily, xemacs continues to work regardless of whether the input method feature is enabled or not.

  2. #17
    jmvidal Guest
    Ok, logged out and back in. Now it is just like I said in post #7.

    I have to have the little electric-plug icon on the toolbar. If the icon shows that I am "connected to SCIM" then xemacs does not get keyboard input, if the icon shows an unplugged plug then xemacs works.

    I can click on the icon to toggle connect/disconnect.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sylvan, Texas USA
    Posts
    25,934
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm.

    Nedit fails keyboard input now, too. Has anyone filed a bug report on this yet?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    bad libgxim rpm?

    Quote Originally Posted by jannom
    Hello
    I applied all today's patches (18 of them) and Fedora asked me to log out/log on after the completion of update.
    ...
    Has anyone else encountered same problems with todays updates and how to fix it?
    Janno
    After reading this thread and looking over today's patches, I suspected that the culprit might be libgxim-0.3.2-3.fc10.i386.rpm. I reverted to libgxim-0.3.1-1.fc10.i386 and now it works. I'll hop on to bugzilla now.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,006
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspellsson
    I have problem with keyboard in SDL apps
    yup me too - can't use the keyboard in urban terror or aliena arena today after the updates.

    i also noticed my keyboard layout was wrong, so had to set it back to uk.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now? Should I wait for a new update (when will that be?) or can anyone tell me how to undo the latest update or some other fix?

    I have keyboard problems with aMSN. Don't know yet about other apps.

  7. #22
    ewox Guest
    Same keyboard problems with Opera, Open Arena, Mame, Armacycles Advanced and few other games..
    Last edited by ewox; 3rd March 2009 at 07:18 PM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sylvan, Texas USA
    Posts
    25,934
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <....>

    Gotta love those fun-filled fedora updates!

    Ahhhhhh! The adrenaline!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Hmmmm.

    Nedit fails keyboard input now, too. Has anyone filed a bug report on this yet?
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=488307

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sylvan, Texas USA
    Posts
    25,934
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. They're lumping them all into that one.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,006
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do people not test these rpm's before they go out?

    i wish we had a system like zfs/timemachine, where you can just roll back to a previous filesystem - maybe we ought to start making /usr into a git repository!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a new libgxim on koji:
    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/upda...m-0.3.2-4.fc10
    Seems to work on my machine

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have a similar problem after today's update, namely,
    keyboard stops working properly after certain time in Mathematica 7 and in texmaker

  14. #29
    jannom Guest
    I applied that rpm from :

    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/upda...m-0.3.2-4.fc10

    and rebooted, but still, in my Sql Developer I can only use character-keys BUT not ENTER or arrow-keys, so the "libgxim" didnt resolve my issue.

    I hope Fedore teams finds the real culprit.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

    If you don't plan on using scim, you could just remove libgxim (that is, if you don't have other programs installed that use it).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Today's update / FC10/KDE
    By Popeye in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th February 2009, 01:21 AM
  2. how do i enable chinese input keyboard on fedora 9?
    By vitasoy in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th September 2008, 04:50 PM
  3. today's F9 update fails badly, anyone else?
    By marko in forum Alpha - Beta (Fedora 9 Only)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 24th May 2008, 02:45 AM
  4. Missing keyboard in Fedora Core 5 install
    By dasphoebus in forum Installation, Upgrades and Live Media
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13th July 2006, 01:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •