Belkin F5D7050 USB wireless problem w/ FC10
I recently upgraded to FC10 and wanted to replace wired with wireless connection.
Bought the Belkin USB wireless stick (version 3002 "firmware"). I've installed the rt73 driver, but when device is active and I deactive the wired connection I have no access. I'm getting an address from DHCP. When eth0 is inactive I get the following with ifconfig:
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:12 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:12 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
RX bytes:800 (800.0 b) TX bytes:800 (800.0 b)
wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1C:DF:1D:0D:F0
inet addr:192.168.2.8 Bcast:192.168.2.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::21c:dfff:fe1d:df0/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1492 Metric:1
RX packets:44 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:2 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
RX bytes:14903 (14.5 KiB) TX bytes:472 (472.0 b)
wmaster0 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 00-1C-DF-1D-0D-F0-C0-84-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
Unfortunately this has been a real pain to debug as I often find myself in a state in which I have to recover the wired line as it gets corrupted. Worse, I find myself doing "superstitious" behaviour since I'm a bit out of my element on this one.
Any pointers or things to consider, or should I just return the Belkin and get another wireless USB (and if so, which one - this is my second try).