comp has no CD/DVD drive
HD with two partitions
C:\ has windows xp
fedora8.iso in C:\
trying to install to D:\
here's some steps i performed thanks to some help file
1. extracted vmlinuz & initrd.img to C:\boot (had to create boot dir)
2. downloaded grub4dos 0.4.1
3. extracted \boot\grub to C:\boot & grldr to C:\ from the above
4. edited C:\boot\grub\menu.lst
title Install Fedora8
5. saved edited menu.lst to C:\ and the original dir
6. created C:\boot.ini (there was none before) & added
7. reboot & the comp says INVALID BOOT.INI loading C:\Windows
What am I missing? Help will be appreciated.
I can boot with grubinst1.0.1 but it will not find Fedora8.iso in C:\ ???