Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st January 2006, 03:16 AM
gosselin_andre Offline

Unhappy FC4 install fail on a DL395 with smartarray 6i

I tried a few times to install FC4 on an HP DL385 equipped with 2 opteron CPUs and a smartarray 6i controller. The install proceeds smoothly, the disk array is correctly recognized, software loads ok. Grub config file is correct and correctly installed on the disk MBR (c0d0).

After rebooting the system, grub menu shows up correctly. However, the system crashes as soon as the kernel starts to run, with a kernel panic. A trace dump flies by so quickly that I cannot read the original error message.

If I load a rescue cd, and modprobe the cciss module, I can manage to load the disk partitions, and I can see that their contents seem to be ok.

Does anyone have a clue of what my problem could be ? Could some kernel options be os some use here ? Thanks for your help.

Tags
dl395, fail, fc4, install, smartarray

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules