Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st August 2012, 12:52 PM
Francexi Offline

windows_xp_2003chrome
black screen with kde live

Hi everyone,
First of all, sorry for my english, i'm italian.
I'm trying to start on my computer the kde version of fedora 17 live., but in the middle of the chargment of the kde interface the screen becomes black and i can only see and control the cursor.

I've got:
Pentium 4 3.0GHz
1,5 GB RAM
NVidia GeForce FX 5200 (128 MB VRAM)

Thanks

Francexi
Old 23rd September 2012, 08:53 PM
livecdOrNothing Offline

linuxopera
Re: black screen with kde live

Hi Francexi,

I'm not an expert, but if you try to type "Tab" at the boot and add "nomodeset" parameter to the kernel boot options, this should increase compatibility with you graphical card. Anyway, explore this avenue i.e. compatibility between Xwindows of linux and your graphic card. Other avenue is memory - try to boot livecd on other machine and see the result.

coraggio

Tags
black, kde, live, screen

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules