Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Security and Privacy
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Security and Privacy Sadly, malware, spyware, hackers and privacy threats abound in today's world. Let's be paranoid and secure our penguins, and slam the doors on privacy exploits.

Old 29th November 2004, 10:05 PM
Biohazard

Question scp control

I use winscp to connect to my fc3 box from outside my network.
I also do some hosting for a friend, and want to know how i can see if he is logged on via scp. so far i have no clue.
I also want to find out which files he uploaded / downloaded. this to figure out if my internet connection is not stuffed with scp transactions.

Old 29th November 2004, 10:50 PM
kosmosik Offline

to see who is logged onto machine try who command :P but it is not monitoring in real time... you can get whowatch (both Fedora Extras and Dag's repositories have it packaged) to see who is logged in real time. if you prefer GUI I think Firestarter has a summary page which lists all connections to your machine (you will be able to see SCP connection)...

if you are concerned with upload rates and choking your bandwith I suggest rather setting limits on this user transfer rate rather than monitoring it (if you had like 5000 users at time monitoring them would be impossible also with monitoring you don't limit them - you just see that they are logged in)...

I think you can setup bandwith limits per service (SSH in this case) or per user - but I cannot point you to some easy HOWTO right now... maybe Firestarter can do this - ("Support for tuning ToS parameters to improve services for connected client computers" - from features).

Tags
control, scp