Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th November 2004, 04:45 AM
kb9umb Offline

need help with device address's

Hi,
I am very new to Fedora and Linux. I installed a ham program that needs the soundcard line in and my comport 3. I know in the software where to set this up but don't know what kind of address to put for these devices. is it something like /dev/snd ?. I am completely lost and don't know how to go about getting device adress's . Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
Old 29th November 2004, 03:19 PM
macemoneta Offline

The sound output will be "/dev/dsp" and comm port 3 will be "/dev/ttyS2" (they start counting from 0).
Old 30th November 2004, 03:03 AM
kb9umb Offline

Worked great thank you very much!

Tags
address, device

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts