Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th May 2012, 04:57 AM
Divit11 Offline

linuxfirefox
Question Upgrade stalls after selecting Grub upgrade option

Hi All,
I have an older PIII dual boot machine running XP and Fedora 14 with Xfce v. 4.6.2 and was hoping to do and upgrade to F16 w/ Xfce.

I have followed the Installation help located at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PreUpg...are_the_system
Everything seems to have progressed but upon rebooting and selecting the Grub option: Upgrade to Fedora 16 (Verne) the monitor goes to black and the curser justs blinks in the upper left corner. Breaking out and rebooting in Fedora 14 works ok.

I have experienced similar blackouts when nvida drivers were not availabe when a kernal update was installed. But in this machine, I have no xorg.conf file that requires special video drivers.

Is there a way to see where the process is hanging?

TIA
Divit11
Asus P7P55D-E LX MB w Intel Core i5-760 2.8GHz; C M Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler; Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM; EVGA GeForce 9500 GT Card; WD Caviar Blk WD1002FAEX 1TB HD; LITE-ON 24X iHAS424-98 DVD/CD Writer; OCZ Pro OCZ600W PS; 2x Asus VS238H-P LED Monitors; OS: MS 7 Hm Prem 64 bit & Fedora-20-x86_64

Tags
grub, option, selecting, stalls, upgrade

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search