Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th November 2004, 04:58 PM
mgmcelwee Offline

Question Novel Client for Linux?

I have Novel Client for Linux running on a Fedora 3 machine. This is the first time I have tried to configure a linux machine to connect to a Netware Network. I have my Novel Client running and everything seems to be operationg correctly, but I cannot see my Novell Tree when I click on the tree icon on my Novel Client. I can ping the server that I am trying to connect too, but I cannot mount it. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks in Advance,
Mac
Old 24th November 2004, 06:01 PM
mud_diver Offline

What kind of netware are you running ( 5.1 or 6.x ), what nds version ? Did you set the default context / tree ?
Old 24th November 2004, 07:11 PM
mgmcelwee Offline

I am trying to log onto a Netware 5.1 server, and from my linux machine I can't see the tree, nor the contexts. When I try to mouunt the server via terminal it says server not found. I have set up the default tree, context, and server for my profile on novel client for linux, and it gives me some sort of access violation error.
Old 24th November 2004, 08:22 PM
mud_diver Offline

Question Another bunch of questions

Is the SLP DA on the netware machine set correctly ? If not, probably the client is unable to browse the tree.
Is Netware set up to run SSL i.e secured IP ? However, i think, you are using the Client version 0.86 or so. Have you tried to find a solution on support.novell.com -> search knowledgebase ? They still offer the client on their cool solutions site.
Is it possible to connect to netware via ip from a M$ machine without ipx installed ? I mean, client installed with option "IP only"
Times before, i was running the client 0.7 on a redhat 9 based system, and this works fine on a netware 5.1 network with NDS 7. I never tried this with fc3. What exactly is the error message you received ?

Reinhard
Old 3rd December 2004, 03:24 PM
mgmcelwee Offline

I got it working. Thanks for your help!

Tags
client, linux