Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora Resources > Guides & Solutions (No Questions)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Guides & Solutions (No Questions) Post your guides here (No links to Blogs accepted). You can also append your comments/questions to a guide, but don't start a new thread to ask a question. Use another forum for that.

Old 25th January 2012, 04:27 PM
PolywogSys Offline

linuxfirefox
Talking [SOLVED] Using Firefox 3.6 "Send Link..." with Thunderbird 8 - F15

I need to use friefox 3.6 for applications here at work (Domino Web Access - iNotes) So even though I had everything defined correctly, the "Send Link.." wasn't working to send email via thunderbird. I realised in the stderr on firefox it would say:

/usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird-bin: /opt/firefox/libnss3.so: version `NSS_3.12.10' not found (required by /usr/lib/thunderbird/libxul.so)

So I guessed that this had something to do with the fact that I was still running a stock Firefox 3 and library incompatibilities with the newer thunderbird. Instead of downgrading tbird, I decided to edit the /usr/bin/thunderbird startup script. I first debugged it buy putting an "env|sort" right before it kicked off the app at the bottom. Found all references to /opt/firefox and overrode them, pointing to /usr/lib/thunderbird instead.

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/thunderbird/libxul.so
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/thunderbird/
SHLIB_PATH=/usr/lib/thunderbird/
LIBPATH=/usr/lib/thunderbird/
LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/thunderbird/
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/thunderbird/:/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client/lib:/usr/local/lib
/usr/bin/thunderbird "$@"

Put that in a file called /usr/bin/thunderbird-firefox and made that the default email client.

Tags
f15, firefox, send link, solved, thunderbird