Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 3rd December 2011, 10:46 PM
msuffern Offline

linuxubuntufirefox
"Error 15" Upgrading F10 to F11

Okay, so I installed F10 on my T30 a couple of years ago and haven't touched it since.

I'm trying to upgrade to F16 and was going to do it one version at a time, so I ran preupgrade to go to F11. At one point preupgrade told me there wasn't enough room in my /boot directory, and suggested that I clean out old kernels, so I copied three 3.5Mb files to a folder on the desktop, removed them from /boot and continued with the preupgrade.

All was running smoothly until it comes up after the reboot, when it gives me

Code:
Error 15: File not found

Press any key to continue
Pressing a key spits me out into a sort of boot menu where I have only one option: "Upgrade to Fedora 11 (Leonidas).

Literally no idea what to do. Extreme newbie (read: needs to be told what to type and where to type it).

Thanks for any and all help.
Old 3rd December 2011, 10:52 PM
leigh123linux

linuxfirefox
Re: "Error 15" Upgrading F10 to F11

Moved to EOL (End Of Life) Versions

Do a fresh install

http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-all
Old 3rd December 2011, 10:54 PM
jpollard Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: "Error 15" Upgrading F10 to F11

Note - the current systems require 400-600MB for /boot. IF you have lots of applications installed, the next preupgrade step will/can take more. With disk space so cheap, I went and made my /boot 1G.

F16+ is also changing how the boot is done (GPT disk partitioning, grub2 instead of grub)

Tags
error 15, f10, f11, upgrading