Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 5th September 2011, 03:27 PM
SomeDamFool Offline

linuxfirefox
Facebook in Firefox

Recently Facebook has been displaying in Firefox 6.0 with the frames in the wrong places, and some frames don't display at all. This happens with FF on both my computers, but FB displays properly in Opera and Google Chrome on both machines.

Anyone else having this problem?
thanks,
Mike
Old 5th September 2011, 03:50 PM
DBelton Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: Facebook in Firefox

I haven't noticed it on Facebook (I don't use that piece of crap) but I have noticed the problem on other sites. I have noticed some sites where the text overlays images, frames not being sized correctly, some images not displaying at all,

Sometimes I can get them to display correctly by clearing my cache and reloading the page. This doesn't always work, though.

Edit:

It appears that others are having issues as well...

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/861910
Old 5th September 2011, 08:43 PM
SomeDamFool Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Facebook in Firefox

Thanks for the link. I'm only having the problem on Facebook so far. There is no text overlay or missing buttons, just the frames are all jumbled up and in the wrong place. Reloading the page sometimes causes a frame, or all of them to disappear completely and I get a blank white page.

I've tried clearing the cache, allowing Facebook in no script, etc, but the problem persists. Not a huge deal as it's only one site and I can look at that in Chrome with it's nasty skinny little fonts if I have to.
Mike

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

My bad. The same behavior just happened using Chrome, so I guess it's a Facebook issue.

Tags
facebook, firefox