I'm sure it's probably just me, but I'll post this anyways just in case someone else has this frustration. Or, simply for my own benefit because I may forget in the future. (I have a bluetooth mouse, so that's how this is written)

(Starting point)When you go to initiate your device connection the first time, bluedevil will come up with a prompt off of the toolbar which lets you know your device is attempting to connect. Close the box. Don't accept the choices it gives you, just close the box.

That's where I got my frustrations from. I tried several times removing the batteries, the reset button on the bottom of the mouse, nothing. Mouse pointer wouldn't budge.

Here's what you need to do: (without your device listed) initiate a new device connection/add device. You can do this by right clicking the bluetooth icon, or opening up your system settings control panels and clicking on bluetooth. Go through the motions, choose your input device, it will specifically ask you if you want this device configured as an input device. Obviously, that's what you want to click. Complete the process.

And there you have it. It worked first time. But unless you go through this process and click these prompts, bluedevil does not appear to natively configure input devices for input even when that's what those devices are.

FWIW, I'm using Fedora 15 KDE, just ran software updates about an hour ago. Everything's as new as it can be.