Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 19th December 2010, 06:15 PM
SharpyWarpy Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
How to get/install mpd (music player daemon)?

Hi, everyone.
I'm trying to install mpd music player daemon on my new installation of Fedora 14 64 bit OS. I've googled my eyeballs till they hurt and I've searched various Linux forums. I've downloaded pre-compiled packages and tryed to install and couldn't satisfy dependencies so I also have tried compiling different versions of the mpd source. It compiles fine on my desktop which is running Fedora 12 32 bit. What's so special that I'm missing here? I've got all the compiler programs I need installed. On the latest version of mpd source, mpd-0.16, I get errors after installing. It won't create a proper database file and it won't use the database file generated by my desktop mpd program. Says it's corrupt, deletes it and makes one only 400 or so kb. Of course when I try to use an mpd client/frontend of any kind it doesn't list any music files or albums. Thanks tons in advance.

Tags
daemon, get or install, mpd, music, player