Multiple install problems.
1. Installation freezes while looking for repositories – Have left overnight hoping installation would continue with no luck.
2. When it does find all the repositories it crashes with “fatal error installing package XYZ. This could indicate errors when reading the installation media. Installation cannot continue.”
1. First I though the download ISO was bad. Tested the ISO download with sha256sum checksum utility. Perfect download according to the checksum.
2. I tried 3 different DVD drives on system that Fedora is being installed to in hopes that maybe the DVD drive was bad.
3. I tried burning the ISO with two different DVD burners. One with windows 7 ISO burning utility. The other on windows XP using Nero 7.
4. Tried burning the disks at low speed to get a better burned disk.
5. I have tried 2 different brands of DVD disks
6. I have officially gone through 8 different DVD disks.
Okay I give up. Is Fedora 13 just flawed? What else do I try?
Only possible solutions I can come up with.
1. Bad IDE controller on motherboard.
2. Try copying the ISO image to a hard drive using DD command in Linux. Then boot and install from that drive as if it was a DVD.
Any other Ideas.