Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd May 2010, 05:52 PM
Valent Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Worlds easiest .spec file

I have a really exciting announcement to make – mintMenu is almost ready for Community Fedora Remix 13!

I made an RPM package of latest mintMenu 4.9.9, installed it through local yum repository and now I just need to figure out how to swap out GNOME menu for mintMenu through kickstart script.

There are two ways I figured out that this could be done. First one is to setup gnome-panel on one machine and them just save settings (gconftool-2 –dump) to xml config files, second way it to add mintMenu config line by line from kickstart file.

I tried first approach, but got stuck on the issue of how to get files into kickstart ISO build environment. Only way I see is to make RPM packages from files I need, create local repository and then install RPM from there. Is there any other way?

Please help with making possibly worlds easiest .spec file, because it just fails for me every time I tried For mintMenu I just modified older .spec file but not I tried modifying a few but just can’t hack it still.

So if you would like to help please make the most basic .spec file from this tarball. Only thing needed to happen is to have these files saved somewhere in /usr/share and that is it.
Old 22nd May 2010, 09:36 PM
Dies Offline

linuxubuntufirefox
Re: Worlds easiest .spec file

Sorry, I don't have a Fedora install right now so I can't really test this...

Code:
Name:           community-remix-base
Version:        1.0
Release:        1%{?dist}
Summary:        community-remix kickstart files and initial settings

Group:          System Environment/Base
License:        GPL+

Source0:        %{name}_%{version}.tar.gz

BuildRoot:      %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)

Requires:       coreutils
Requires:       GConf2

BuildArch:      noarch

%description
These scripts do setup tasks.

These are of no use on an already installed system.

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_datadir}/
tar -xvf %{SOURCE0} -C $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_datadir}/

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%files
%defattr(-,root,root,-)
%{_datadir}/%{name}_%{version}/

%changelog
* Sat May 22 2010
- Initial release
By the way I used community-remix-base since it sounds/looks a little better than "remix13_1.0", but that means you need to rename the folder so it matches -> community-remix-base_1.0. If you don't want to do that just change the name at the top of the spec.

Tags
easiest, file, spec, worlds