Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th November 2009, 05:00 PM
Replicant10000 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Finally installed F12, and I have a couple of issues

Okay, I had to download the DVD and re-install it from scratch, since Anaconda gave me a bunch of errors when I tried to upgrade. That being said, I preserved my /home partition and ended up having to create two separate passwords for encryption (a new ext4 /usr partition was created during the install process from my old music partition) which doesn't do me any favors at boot. But, I'm willing to deal with it since I know what is typed in first and what second.

A few things are a little weird, though. Every one out of 15 starts the system restarts in the blink of an eye, complaining about what I can only decipher as bad superblocks (the text goes down the screen diagonally) and I did a disk check before I re-installed which was OK.

GNOME has gotten into the habit of installing software from "Software Updates" without root authentication required.

Text mode boot sometimes kicks me off into single user mode with "error: unexpectedly disconnected from boot status daemon."

I updated last night, and I don't know if that'll fix any of the other problems I've been having, but I'm . . . I don't know . . . just not used to either GNOME, or the software updater doing that on me.

Edit2: Ok, kernel issue already reported on Bugzilla by someone else with exact same oops. A 'touch /forcefsck' of my LV didn't yield any problems. Other two things are still weird.

Last edited by Replicant10000; 20th November 2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: new problem

Tags
couple, f12, finally, installed, issues