I have done a number of searches and browsed the forum, but I haven't found a fix to my issue. Equipment:
- Dell 1525 Laptop with 1280x800 resolution screen.
- Projector with 1024x768 resolution.
On this same laptop, I was using F9 before I upgraded to F11. When I plugged into the projector, I would restart X and it would detect the external projector, adjust the screen size to 1024x768 (looked a little funny on the laptop screen, but looked perfect on the projector.)
Now with F11 logging out and restarting X, and even a cold reboot with the projector plugged in does not give me a screen that I can use on the projector.
- The Laptop continues to come up in 1280x800 even after plugging in projector and restarting X
- The projector is found in the Display dialogue, but however I don't like the desktop spread across the two screens. Also when I start a presentation, it seems to cut off the last 5th of the screen on the right, even if it is showing on the projector only.
What I need to work:
1. Basically, I need OpenOffice Impress to show up correctly on the projector screen. Where the presentation is sized to 1074x768, not 1280x800.
2. I would like "mirror screen" to work so that I have the same thing on my laptop screen as on the projector during the presentation.
Here are the results of some of the commands that I saw in other posts that might help:
$ xrandr -q
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1280 x 800, maximum 8192 x 8192
VGA1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
LVDS1 connected 1280x800+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 331mm x 207mm
DVI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
TV1 unknown connection (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
# lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)
I hope I have given enough information.