Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th February 2009, 05:56 AM
uncholowapo Offline

Synaptic Touchpad in Fedora 11 Alpha

Did anyone get the "touch to click" or gotten gsynaptics to work? I am also wondering if I have to create an xorg.conf or use the HAL policy thingy as described somewhere else in this forum?

Last edited by uncholowapo; 11th February 2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11th February 2009, 05:21 PM
jerboyd Offline

SHMConfig

i've been getting the "add SHMConfig true to xorg.conf" message when trying to use gsynaptics. i used the get this problem in fedora9 and earlier but not in fedora 10. i haven't tried messing around with my xorg.conf but instead i filed a bug report. it would be nice for this to just work properly without any mucking about.
Old 11th February 2009, 07:45 PM
uncholowapo Offline

Ok well I tried the HAL policy way and gsynaptics did work but when I applied the settings the pointer didn't respond to any of them. I set the acceleration, min. speed, and max. speed to a ridiculous setting and the pointer didn't get out of control. I will try the xorg.conf way when I get home from school.

I forgot to mention that this is on Fedora 11 alpha so it doesn't seem like a noob post in the wrong section of the forum.
Old 11th February 2009, 09:15 PM
taipantoo Offline

Initially I copied the xorg.config file from Fedora 8 to Fedora 10 and everything worked great.
Then I figured that I should set things up the way they should work so I moved the xorg.conf file to no-xorg.conf to disable it and did the HAL policy and everything still works.

I read the new posts every day and I've been fixing most of my own problems and think I might have helped a couple of people along the way.

I'd like to thank you all.

Fedora 8
Fedora 10
Windows XP Pro

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Old 12th February 2009, 02:30 AM
uncholowapo Offline

I still can't get it to work even with an xorg.conf. All that worked was tap to click but that was it. The acceleration options didn't even apply as selected my speed.
Old 16th February 2009, 10:27 AM
fedose Offline

touchpad two-finger scrolling doesn't work

hi, my touchpad two-finger scrolling doesn't work since booting the test release, if anyone could tell how to check the settings and which component,
thnx, fedose
Old 10th March 2009, 03:55 PM
jerboyd Offline

gsynaptics works!!

holy crap. i did a system update today and thought i'd check to see if gsynaptics would start instead of giving me that "add SHMConfig...." message and lo and behold it works. thanks to xorg for fixing that bug. has anyone else noticed that their gsynaptics now works?

Tags
synaptics, touchpad