Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th January 2009, 04:04 PM
Cerin Offline

Unable to Upgrade to Fedpora 10 Due to Duplicate Labels

I tried upgrading from Fedora 8 to Fedora 10 using the DVD, but I ran into a few problems.

After verifying the install media, it was no longer able to detect the DVD. Annoying, but I got around this by simply rebooting and then skipping the media check.

The second problem happened after I tried to "upgrade an existing installation". It gives me the error "Multiple devices with label /boot detected. Devices must have unique labels in order for you system to work. Please correct this problem before upgrading".

My system's working just fine, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error. I have a RAID-1 setup, so would that be causing the error? How do I correct this problem without wiping out my system?
Old 25th January 2009, 10:08 PM
Seve Offline
Retired Community Manager

Hello:

The only thing I can think of is to try and start the upgrade process by hitting the Tab key and then the space bar once, then type and enter

linux dmraid

and perhaps that will get anaconda to treat your setup differently?

Seve
Registered Linux User: #384977
.................................................. ............
See the Links below for more Help and those much wanted extras ... :)

Tags
duplicate, fedpora, labels, unable, upgrade