Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > The Dungeon > Archived (Click Header To See Sub-Forums) > Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 10 Only)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 10 Only) Post Development Version comments and questions that don't belong in Bugzilla here. These posts will be moved or deleted once the Final version is released

Old 31st October 2008, 10:55 AM
Daithi_dearg Offline

Problem installing Fedora 10

Hello,

I was installing Fedora 10 and after I selected the packages the install fails. I tried rebooting but I just get a blank screen. It could be a problem with my download and maybe the file was corrupted. I did the test before I attempted the install and everything looked ok at this stage. It would be good if you could do an SHA1 or similar verification for version 10. Because of the problems I just went back to version 9.

Is there any download manager that might improve the downloadability of ISOs i.e. prevent corruptions. I just downloaded inside in Firefox.

Thanks,
David
Old 31st October 2008, 01:08 PM
ryptyde Offline

The LiveCD versions all had a sha1sum to check and verify integrity. If your F10 iso is good and the disc is burned properly without errors you may want to try a default install and not add any extra packages. I you find that the DVD iso is corrupt you may want to try one of the LiveCDs and install from there.

I used Deluge to dowload the bittorrent file also have used Transmission.
Old 31st October 2008, 01:33 PM
Daithi_dearg Offline

I tried the direct download of the full installed media. It's starnge there's not a SHA1 sum check for this also. I also tried to install some extra packages so that could have been my problem.

I'll try the live cd and hopefully I won't have as many problems.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks,
David
Old 31st October 2008, 02:29 PM
Daithi_dearg Offline

I couldn't see where I could check the SHA1 sum for F10 live media. Is it stored somewhere on the installed iso file? I can't see it on the website as it is for F9.

Also I can't get anywhere when I boot onto the DVD as the mouse doesn't move. Any suggestions?
Old 31st October 2008, 06:10 PM
ryptyde Offline

Which version of the DVD or LiveCD did you download, should be able to find the sha1sum if we know the version.
Old 4th November 2008, 09:50 AM
Daithi_dearg Offline

Fedora-10-Beta-i386-DVD

Hello,

I deleted it but I am now re-downloading version Fedora-10-Beta-i386-DVD. Can you tell me the SHA1 sum for this?

Thanks,
David

Tags
fedora, installing, problem