Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st October 2008, 01:03 AM
techguy378 Offline

UEFI Boot

I have an off the shelf PC I built myself. I'm using an Intel DP35DP motherboard (Intel P35 NB and Intel ICH9R SB) which fully supports UEFI booting with a 64-bit operating system. How do I install Fedora 9 using UEFI? Could someone please tell me step by step how to do this? Thanks.
Old 21st October 2008, 09:15 AM
markkuk Offline

Looks like you have to wait for F10 (or try the F10 beta/snapshot releases). EFI support is listed as a new feature for F10.
Old 21st October 2008, 09:49 AM
techguy378 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkuk View Post
Looks like you have to wait for F10 (or try the F10 beta/snapshot releases). EFI support is listed as a new feature for F10.
The installation notes (section 5 of the release notes) for Fedora 9 also state that it's possible to do a native installation to x86 and x86_64 machines using EFI and also that EFI booting is possible using GRUB.
Old 26th October 2008, 01:06 PM
axet Offline

efi does not work for macbook and fedora 9, i hope that will be fixed for f10
Old 26th October 2008, 09:01 PM
techguy378 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by axet View Post
efi does not work for macbook and fedora 9, i hope that will be fixed for f10
I hope the developers can get their act together and learn to communicate better too. If Fedora 9 does not support native UEFI installation then the release notes for Fedora 9 should not state that it does. Thankfully I've managed a successful 64-bit UEFI on my off the shelf PC (which is NOT a mac) install using Ubuntu 8.10 RC. I did have to boot from my Windows Vista RTM DVD to create the necessary EFI system partition though.

Tags
boot, uefi