After today rawhide updates + the 380 kernel.
I shutdown PK as it would hang when no updates on queue (as it has done in the past)
I used Menu Sytem, Prefs, Personal, Sessions and click off
these broken and not use things.
Bluetooh, pk, imsetting and setroubleshoot.
Rebooted, Immediately the system was very responsive, smooth.
I installed OO0 3.0.0-9.1
I set up samba Windows share and shared printing.
Very smooth, no strangeness, no errors, booth work as expected.
This is on a Pent III 800 and has replaced the Main F9 install.
It was installed on the 29th via boot.iso..
It used EXT4 on LVM and all the features are on and working
The install took 10 hours due to bad dhcp, lsa, squshfs, debug kernel in beta.
Now these are fixed and the Pent III is alive again.
P.S. Beta does not have the e1000e nic turned on, but 2.6.27-380 in koji has a fix and will most likely be in rawhide tomorrow.