Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th August 2006, 10:15 AM
osakar Offline

ASUS Motherboard P5GV - ASUS GEFORCE EN7600GS

Last week, I bought the graphic card ASUS EN 7600GS SILENT (PCI Express - 512 Mb) and my motherboard is an ASUS P5GV (this motherborad has integrated the interface LAN 10/100).

I try to install Fedora Core 5, and in the default mode, the installation process stop when the monitor is detected. For the graphic card the message is "nVidia unknown device" (I supose that this message is shown when install the default driver for the nVidia cards), and for the monitor the detection is correct (LG1917S). After show this message the installation stop.

If I install with the option "linux acpi=off", the installation finish apparently well, but with error in the driver for the eth0 and, obviously, the net doesn't work.

Do anybody know what is happening? In afirmative case, how can I solve this problem?

Thanks to all of you, and excuse for my English.
Old 30th August 2006, 01:12 PM
dstme Offline

I have ASUS P5GL with LAN 10/100 but without graphic card. I have problem with FC5 installation. I manage to install for the disc 1 without any option and when ask for disc 2, it said " Unable to access CDROM". I guess my problem is not link to my motherboard. But the detection on all my device is ok.
Old 2nd September 2006, 02:34 AM
jcliburn Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by osakar
Last week, I bought the graphic card ASUS EN 7600GS SILENT (PCI Express - 512 Mb) and my motherboard is an ASUS P5GV (this motherborad has integrated the interface LAN 10/100).

I try to install Fedora Core 5, and in the default mode, the installation process stop when the monitor is detected. For the graphic card the message is "nVidia unknown device" (I supose that this message is shown when install the default driver for the nVidia cards), and for the monitor the detection is correct (LG1917S). After show this message the installation stop.

If I install with the option "linux acpi=off", the installation finish apparently well, but with error in the driver for the eth0 and, obviously, the net doesn't work.

Do anybody know what is happening? In afirmative case, how can I solve this problem?

Thanks to all of you, and excuse for my English.
Boot the system and execute the following command as root:

yum update

If that doesn't fix your problem, boot the system, execute the following commands as root, and post the results here.

uname -r
lspci
dmesg | grep eth
lsmod
cat /etc/modprobe.conf
ifconfig -a

Tags
asus, en7600gs, geforce, motherboard, p5gv