Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd August 2006, 02:34 PM
kthakk4 Offline

FC5 uninstallation help

Hi everyone,

I am currently running fc5 and windows xp from different partitions of one hard drive. I am looking to set it up so that I only have windows XP on the primary hard drive and fc5 completely on the second HD.

So I am looking make my current HD completely blank (uninstall FC5 and re install win XP). But I am having serious problems doing it.

This is what I have tried so far:

--> Boot from the windows Xp cd .. I was looking to run this in rescue mode and then you fixmbr command. But for some reason when I boot from the CD, it says press any key to reboot.. When i do press a key, it flashes a message that it is configuring the system, then then just dead black screen stays forever.

--> i booted from the fc5 cd, and typed fdisk... but that didn't give me anything useful..

I remember uninstall fc5 in past by booting from the CD and typing F5 for the rescue mode and then doing something. But I do not exactly remember what I did.. Does any one have any better suggestions.. Anything will do, since i have everything backed up and need to remove everything completely.

Tags
fc5, uninstallation

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search