Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st August 2006, 03:45 AM
srujanabobba Offline

safely remove usb:howto????

i am using cruzer pen drive.As in windows do we have safely remove option or any command in fedora???
i mounted the pen drive and then afte that.. i am unmounting it.. and removing it.. is that safe?
Old 21st August 2006, 03:49 AM
Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by srujanabobba
i am using cruzer pen drive.As in windows do we have safely remove option or any command in fedora???
i mounted the pen drive and then afte that.. i am unmounting it.. and removing it.. is that safe?
You're right-clicking on the device and selecting 'Unmount Volume', right? That's the correct way to do it, don't worry.

Wayne
Old 21st August 2006, 03:54 AM
srujanabobba Offline

thanks wayne[]
Old 21st August 2006, 12:22 PM
Belderan Offline

There is a handy tool in Fedora 5 (not sure about the previous releases) that shows what devices are mounted in little boxes in the toolbar. You can add it right clicking one of your desktop panels and clicking add item. When in that window, you should be able to find an item called Disk Mounter. With this, you can just click on the desired volume and mount and unmount it as you see fit.

Hope this is handy,
Belderan

Tags
remove, safely, usbhowto