Hi All...
I download a package call SEAdmin (new SELinux GUI) and it seems that I required mono for running it.
Since I am very fresh to Fedora, my question is how to install/download mono
Hi All...
I download a package call SEAdmin (new SELinux GUI) and it seems that I required mono for running it.
Since I am very fresh to Fedora, my question is how to install/download mono
i hope u can try this;
On Linux, the best way to get Mono is via Red Carpet, though you are also free to struggle with either the raw source, theRPM packages, or the CVS daily code available from the download site.
I want to emphasize that Red Carpet is by far the best way to get this complex install up and running correctly on your system. The second best system would probably be to get the source code either from cvs or the download site, and to build the source with the classic three step:
./configure
make
su -c "make install"
You can generally undo this kind of install with the following command:
su -c "make uninstall"
However, the best way to manage a complex deployment of this type is with RPM, since it will better handle conflicts, queries and uninstalls. The problem with RPM in this case, however, is that you are likely to encounter many conflicts between the various programs needed to install Mono and the code currently on your system. By using Red Carpet, you can still get the benefits of RPM, but get additional help automating the process of resolving version conflicts. In general, I think it is wise to use a tool like Red Carpet, or the RedHat Network, rather than taking too much personal responsibility for keeping your system up to date.
yum install mono-coreSince I am very fresh to Fedora, my question is how to install/download mono