FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    mircea Guest

    Angry FC5 instalation, no mause

    I have a bad time with my new computer. I bought a A8N-VM motherboard from USA and now I am at home in Romania. It is more then a mount since I start trying to install Linux. Now I have one 386 installation that help me to be on Internet. I am trying to install Fedora Core 5 x86_64 and after installations it was no mouse on screen. I can guess were the mouse is and I can click on it but I can't see it.
    I am not sure if I don't have problem with BIOS (version 0403). A friend of mine teach me to add ACPI=off on boot command line and what I got was worse; something like error on BIOS check sum.
    What I want?
    To add a new Linux installation, on the second HD, a Fedora x86_64 and make to work with all I have, (Internet, sound, USB flash memory, Polaroid digital camera, scanner). Is this too much?
    There is anybody who can help me?
    Thanks a lot,
    Mircea

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,256
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem of an invisible cursor was discussed in:
    http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthr...rsor+invisible
    but it isn't clear whether this was a solution for _64 or _i386 or both.
    "Never let the task you are trying to accomplish distract you from the study of computers."

  3. #3
    mircea Guest
    The answer was helpful for me.
    What works for me eider was:

    ==============
    Adding the line Option "HWCursor" "false" to /etc/X11/xorg.conf seems to solve the problem for me.
    jwlkr
    ================
    Many thanks to jwlkr
    Mircea

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fragrant Harbour
    Posts
    1,365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, that worked like a charm.

Similar Threads

  1. instalation JDk how to
    By puneet in forum Installation, Upgrades and Live Media
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th September 2008, 10:05 PM
  2. Instalation Help
    By crispunk in forum Installation, Upgrades and Live Media
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th May 2008, 05:33 PM
  3. FC8 instalation from DVD ISO
    By Herli Menezes in forum Installation, Upgrades and Live Media
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21st January 2008, 02:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •