View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2012, 01:14 AM
birdwatcher

Re: Help me write an Open Letter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphingDragon View Post
[*]RedHat is the biggest OSS company, they have the ability to heavily influence other projects in the form of resources and support.
So company is big, how flattering but why should a company support whatever becuse of sheer size? You are basically pointing out how this fits your agenda but fail to present a reason for the big guy to jump on your ship. I mean if I said: You can heavily help out, why not give me your resources and support. You would want a better explanation coman?

Quote:
[*]It would be in RedHat's best interest to support a project such as Cinnamon to guarantee's RHEL's long term GUI usability.
Is the GUI likley to just die and leave the developers hanging, "hey no we have no gui and no usability, next version will have to ship with a dos looking interface"?

But maybe... Then they could change the slogan to: "RHEL - now with guaranteed long term GUI".

Quote:
[*]Fedora and Linux Mint have a lot of overlap, and both would benefit from working with each other to support Cinnamon.
I haven't noticed that, but lets say that is correct does overlap makes a good reason for cooperation? Choosing your friends is important and not everyone can work together.

Quote:
[*]The Linux Mint team actively listen to user feedback and understand the Linux Desktop userspace, they would best understand the needs and wants of Fedora's target market.
Yeah and Microsoft understand Macintosh users the best due to them listening to users. Mac should just do as MS tells them to, cus MS knows macs market.

Saying that other knows Fedoras market sounds a bit rude to be honest, not saying its wrong but its probably not the best way to get your message across.

Quote:
[*]Fedora is about testing the latest Linux technology, not the latest trends. Cinnamon would be more viable in the long term over Gnome 3.
Is this a fact or a belief that you have?