FedoraForum.org

FedoraForum.org (http://forums.fedoraforum.org/index.php)
-   Using Fedora (http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   [SOLVED] Problem with flash-plugin-11.1.102.63 update (http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=277443)

Dutchy 10th March 2012 01:19 PM

Problem with flash-plugin-11.1.102.63 update

Hi everyone,

Last round of updates brought flash-plugin-11.1.102.63-release.x86_64.
Unfortunately this version performs very erratically; some video sites work fine, some crash after using rewind/forward and at some video's won't play at all.

I tried to downgrade the package but that failed because Adobe only seems to store the latest version in its repo.
I used yum's history and the previous, well functioning, installed version was flash-plugin-11.1.102.62-release.x86_64.

My question: is anyone also having problems with the latest version or even have got a solution?
I've searched online for an rpm of the 62 version but the ones I found somehow didn't solve the problem or didn't install.

note to self: enable keep-cache

jpollard 10th March 2012 01:47 PM

Re: Problem with flash-plugin-11.1.102.63 update

Yes....

You might try the one at

http://pkgs.org/mageia-1/mageia-nonf....rpm/download/

The web site seems a bit pecular, but I was able to download that from one of its mirrors.

Dutchy 10th March 2012 08:40 PM

Thanks for the link, I think I came across some file named like that in my search today.

But I seem to have jumped to conclusions; I noticed that the problem didn't occur in Chromium and after starting Firefox in safe mode and playing around with the add-ons, No-Script is the one at fault, not the flash-plugin itself.
After disabling No-Script all is fine (although I've lost some control over the scripts of web pages for now).

r4f431 11th March 2012 07:54 PM

I had an issue with the update, some things like flash games wasn't working. Then i noticed that i was using gnash till then by default, i removed the gnash plugin and fixed it that way.
Before fixed it, youtube worked fine, but not zynga poker and stuff.
I hope this help you.
pd: Sorry for my english. =)

StefanJ 24th March 2012 07:15 AM

Hmmm. I checked, and my Firefox 11 install doesn't have the gnash or NoScript plugin, and I'm still having some sites either claiming that Flash is not installed or that an "obsolete version" has been installed.

(In fact, the Firefox plugincheck page claims:

"Missing FLASH?
For your safety, Firefox has disabled your outdated version of Flash. Please upgrade to the latest version.")

I have the package installed:

Installed Packages
flash-plugin.x86_64 11.1.102.63-release @adobe-linux-x86_64

Things are where they should be, as far as I know:

Quote:

[root@fedoragame flash-plugin]# pwd
/usr/lib64/flash-plugin
[root@fedoragame flash-plugin]# ls -ltr
total 18392
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 1367 Nov 16 2006 homecleanup
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 34516 Dec 12 2006 LICENSE
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 3769 Jul 28 2011 setup
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3089 Feb 27 17:32 README
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 18782520 Feb 27 19:49 libflashplayer.so
Quote:

[root@fedoragame browser-plugins]# pwd
/usr/lib64/browser-plugins
[root@fedoragame browser-plugins]# ls -l
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 Mar 23 22:34 libflashplayer.so -> /usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
Quote:

[root@fedoragame plugins]# pwd
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
[root@fedoragame plugins]# ls -ltr
total 472
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 6048 Sep 28 23:49 librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 86248 Oct 26 18:43 libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 77560 Oct 26 18:43 libtotem-mully-plugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 115400 Oct 26 18:43 libtotem-gmp-plugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 106600 Oct 26 18:43 libtotem-cone-plugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 74616 Dec 2 22:25 skypebuttons.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 Mar 10 12:10 libjavaplugin.so -> /etc/alternatives/libjavaplugin.so.x86_64
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 Mar 23 22:34 libflashplayer.so -> /usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
Again, I tried running Firefox in safemode. Same result.

Any insights appreciated.

bonedome 24th March 2012 11:58 AM

Well
no solutions I'm afraid but the latest flash is total garbage on firefox 11, I tried loads of different combinations of addons and greasemonkey scripts enabled disabled, fast forward/rewind/pause just blanks the screen mind you the only time I really use flash is using the 4OD channel on youtube as it's flash only, just about everything else has an mp4/avi/wmv version of video so no need for adobe's dog pile.
Works fine with opera though even with "not scripts" enabled :confused:

Dutchy 24th March 2012 01:44 PM

Still a "problem" for me too but it has improved with the latest No-Script update, most sites work fine now.
Strange thing is that my Intel (CPU&iGPU) powered notebook now displays all flash sites which are bugged on my other system just fine.

Quote:

V. 2.3.5: Work-around for 32-bit Flash player bug causing incompatibilities on certain sites (e.g. Google Music).
I believe this is related to the problem although I am using the 64-bit version.

For now I just keep no-script disabled and have re-enabled Ad-Block (which no longer seems to suffer memory leaks).

Dutchy 28th March 2012 10:03 PM

Solved by today's update: flash-plugin-11.2.202.228

Dutchy 14th April 2012 09:54 PM

I was a bit too quick to think the update resolved it because apparently it is still there at a couple of sites.
For those I just launch chromium with the open with plug-in.
For the sites that crash flash in Firefox I noticed in Chromium that none of them have a right click flash context menu (which is something I believe all flash objects are meant to have).

This problem is still getting on my nerves so I launched Firefox from the command line and tried to reproduce the bug (which is as simple as taking candy from certain little creatures). This is what was shown in the CLI:
Code:

Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'npviewer.bin' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 2302 error_code 8 request_code 147 minor_code 3)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
  that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
  To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
  option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
  backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_HandleEvent() wait for reply: Connection closed
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(../src/npw-wrapper.c:2848):invoke_NPP_HandleEvent: assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(../src/npw-wrapper.c:2848):invoke_NPP_HandleEvent: assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPObject proxy 0x7fd85d0fda60 is no longer valid!
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPObject proxy 0x7fd85d0fda60 is no longer valid!
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(../src/npw-wrapper.c:2219):invoke_NPP_SetWindow: assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(../src/npw-wrapper.c:2655):invoke_NPP_WriteReady: assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(../src/npw-wrapper.c:2705):invoke_NPP_Write: assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(../src/npw-wrapper.c:2550):invoke_NPP_DestroyStream: assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(../src/npw-wrapper.c:2434):invoke_NPP_URLNotify: assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(../src/npw-wrapper.c:2219):invoke_NPP_SetWindow: assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))

I haven't got the faintest idea of what this means, maybe someone else overhere does...

Dutchy 2nd May 2012 07:52 PM

Fix from bgoodwin91006 has fixed this for me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bgoodwin91006 (Post 1573696)
The problem was with the nspluginwrapper. Apparently The upgrade of Flashplayer meant there were no more 32 bit plugins and the wrapper was lost. All I did to fix the problem was remove nspluginwrapper.

yum erase nspluginwrapper