PDA

View Full Version : Official FC5 Release Date?

chris_y2k_r1
6th March 2006, 09:10 PM
I'm confused.. when is FC5 actually going to be let loose unto the unsuspecting public?

bob
6th March 2006, 09:21 PM
http://fedora.redhat.com/About/schedule/ Beware The Ides Of March! (Et tu, Brute?)

tscheez
6th March 2006, 09:27 PM
i hadn't realized that it was gonna be released the ides of march, just hadn't put it together.

Lt_Anton
6th March 2006, 09:57 PM
Cool, maybe I can have it installed on by my b-day :D

Firewing1
6th March 2006, 10:05 PM
happy birthday :D.... That's a damn sweet b-day present!
Firewing1

sej7278
6th March 2006, 10:07 PM
yeah, i was looking at the schedule a few hours ago, there's no way it's going to be ready in under 2 weeks.

has the schedule been updated to include the 2-3 missed deadlines?

what are the repositories to use with fc5, i assume there will be an extras, plus rpmforge (dries) and maybe livna and atrpms?

taurus
6th March 2006, 10:38 PM
Whether FC5 will be released on schedule or not is another matter but don't expect to have the extras repo up and running right away. I would give them at least a week or two weeks before those sites populate with FC5 stuff...

mit
8th March 2006, 09:39 AM
Whether FC5 will be released on schedule or not is another matter but don't expect to have the extras repo up and running right away. I would give them at least a week or two weeks before those sites populate with FC5 stuff...

I think the extras repo will be up and running at the FC5 release.
I't already exists and is called extras-development. It is working nicely with the current FC5 Test releases and rawhide.

Kommunar - Halver Travel Photos on Instagram - El Cajon Travel Photos