PDA

View Full Version : My FC5T3

NovenTheHero
4th March 2006, 12:20 AM
Just got it installed, and doing some minor things....just its a drag I cant get livna to work =/ Overall, looks good so far.

vnpenguin
4th March 2006, 05:16 PM
I don't think that livna supports FC5test.

NovenTheHero
4th March 2006, 05:22 PM
yea I know. What sucks most about that is that Ive tried every way Ive seen to make my ATI card work with the ati drivers....never worked. But when I used a livna kernel module, it worked. Guess Im waiting to play Day of Defeat until FC5 goes gold =/

vnpenguin
4th March 2006, 07:17 PM
Sorry for that. I have not ATI card :) But my Nvidia works well with FC5t3 default kernel :)

taurus
4th March 2006, 11:57 PM
nVidia card always works great with any distro and any kernel... I always stay away from ATI video cards like a skinny model from a all you can eat buffet!!! :D

heartsglory
5th March 2006, 04:45 AM
Well, some of us didn't have a choice in the matter with graphics cards. My wife spent $1200 at Best Buy on me for Christmas and bought me this:
HP Pavilion ZV6233NR
ATI XPRESS 200M 128MB
Athlon 64 Socket 939 3200+ CPU
100 GB Hard Drive
LightScribe DVD Burner
15.4" WXGA 1280x800
512 MB PC2700 DDR RAM

With the latest bios update (F.1B) I was able to install and run without a hitch with the exception of my wireless card, a Broadcom 4318 Airforce One. I had to remove manually the "bcm43xx" kernel module then compile and install ndiswrapper and use the windows drivers for the card. So far, everything is up and running. FC5T3 seems so far pretty stable. I haven't had any issues at all except for the wireless card, but who doesn't, you know? In fact, I ran the update tool and am still running without a hitch. I can really notice a difference in performance with FC5 then the other versions in the past. My next project is now to get Mono and Monodevelop installed and see if I can really get into C# programming for school.

Has anyone successfully installed the proprietary ATI drivers on Test 3?

Indio Instagram Photos - Bonn - Boldumsaz Instagram Photos