PDA

View Full Version : Missing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.6

galactus
30th January 2006, 02:19 AM
I running FC5t2 updated with PUP 3days ago and now trieing since yesterday to
apply new updates again, but now The following dependency is introduced?

Missing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.6 is needed by package nautilus-sendto
Missing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.6 is needed by package evolution-sharp

doing a "ĺocate" for the missing lib in my system showed me the following:
/usr/lib/libedataserver-1.2.so.6 -> libedataserver-1.2.so.6.0.1
As you can see I do have the library, but it is a symlink to a slightly different/newer version?

And I know that this library is part of among others evolution-data-server, which I also have in version 1.5.4-4

Should these packages for which this dependency occured not just also beeing supported by libedataserver-1.2.so.6.0.1 ?

And how can I resolve this as, I am using only the fc5t2 repos ?

Thanks Fouad

Seve
30th January 2006, 02:27 AM
I running FC5t2 updated with PUP 3days ago and now trieing since yesterday to
apply new updates again, but now The following dependency is introduced?

Missing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.6 is needed by package nautilus-sendto
Missing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.6 is needed by package evolution-sharp

doing a "ĺocate" for the missing lib in my system showed me the following:
/usr/lib/libedataserver-1.2.so.6 -> libedataserver-1.2.so.6.0.1
As you can see I do have the library, but it is a symlink to a slightly different/newer version?

And I know that this library is part of among others evolution-data-server, which I also have in version 1.5.4-4

Should these packages for which this dependency occured not just also beeing supported by libedataserver-1.2.so.6.0.1 ?

And how can I resolve this as, I am using only the fc5t2 repos ?

Thanks Fouad

If you perform a new update via PUP or Yum, the problem has been addressed and you should no longer see the error.

Seve

galactus
30th January 2006, 02:43 PM
Yes you are correct, tried again and now this dependency has been addressed.
thank you for your time.